Monday, August 22, 2011

The 11-11 train to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port

It's finally here: The time has come for the train that will lead me to the start of my walk, the start of my trek; the beginning of my adventure! I'm leaving on the 11:11 Pm (23:11) train to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port and there is lightning in the sky here in Paris. It's like the heavens themselves are seeing me off; it's really cool! :)

I'm so excited I'm about to burst. I'm happy but I'm also anxious, scared even. I'm about to go on a 830 km walk alone and I'll have no creature comforts on the way. I'll sleep in what are basically hostels for pilgrims walking this route (called Alberques and Refugios), I have 2 sets of clothes with me (the one I'm wearing and the one in my backpack) and lots of other stuff that makes this a trial and in fact scary. The fact that it scares me makes me happy again and even more excited, because anything worth having, anything worth doing will involve overcoming fear. And I know that this journey is worth doing!

I had a great last day here in Paris to round up an amazing 4 days spent in this city of wonder! But now a magical journey awaits me, and I don't wanna be late for it. I hope you too are overcoming the fears in your life that stand in the way of what is worth having...cause I'm loving it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment