Sunday, August 21, 2011

A taste of things to come

Paris has been amazing! I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow. Sad to leave Paris and all it's wonder, excited to start my journey to Santiago de Compostela...conflicting emotions but both brought on by happiness so I'm good!

Paris has been just the preparation I needed for my trek. It's been so warm here and I've walked most everywhere I've gone. When I landed I took the train to Gare de Nord and just walked with my backpack to Notre-Dame. Great practice in the heat which was around 30 degrees Celsius; it's gonna be even hotter in Spain but good practice nonetheless! :)

Both yesterday and today were spent walking all around beautiful downtown Paris and being a happy tourist! I've been to beautiful parks, a zoo, seen adorable Parisian apartments, seen gorgeous structures and architecture, had amazing food and best of all I've had wonderful company!

Paris has been a taste of things to come: I've almost walked Paris from one end to the other, I've been in scorching heat, there's been so much to see and experience and I've had loads of fun. These are definitely some of the ingredients that I know will define my journey!

I hope your days are filled with magic, such as my days have been! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are a guy who is an inspiration for everyone you come in contact with my friend :O) Hope all your dreams come true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete