Monday, August 29, 2011

Dancing in the street

The last 24 hours have been one big party, with a slight intermission for sleep! :)

Last night we said goodbye to the awesome french guys and nothing says goodbye like a party. There was loads of wine and beer and there were 20 of us that ate together. Molly and Kesha, the Polish girl, cooked a wonderful meal for all of us. There was some concern that the party would go out of hand and since the owners of the Albergue knew that I was going to be sober they asked me if I could help make sure that wouldn't happen. I told them that they obviously didn't know me since I was the most likely person to encourage the party to go from calm to crazy! Luckily it didn't get too far out of hand despite arm wrestling and drinking competitions. :)

I slept in, so to speak, that is I woke up at 7:30! ;) I had breakfast with the french guys, my family, and said goodbye to them, hopefully not for the last time! It was a sad moment but then I got to thinking how beautiful it is that in such a short time we could have formed this great connection! I immediatly became very grateful for yet another amazing experience on the Camino (road/way/path).

After morning mediation and prayer I charged on! My ankle still hurts but if I concentrate on my walking and make sure that I walk "right" I feel less pain. I love getting my strut on and even though everyone had left the Albergue before I even woke up, I caught up with them pretty quickly. Strutting through the Spanish countryside is just amazing! :D

When I caught up with everyone I met up with Antonello, a great Italian guy that I got to know in the party the night before. He has always had a great connection with Iceland and wanted to ask me some questions about my country. After answering them we just had loads of fun travelling together through the day. When we met up with Isaiah, a Spanish girl from Barcelona, we danced around and celebrated life. When we got to the highway we stopped for a moment to shake our butts and dance in the street. The day was a big celebration of life and how to enjoy it! We even had a water fight thanks to Isaiah when we got to Viana, the second to last city on todays journey. :)

After the 28,4 km walk to LogroƱo I was tired to say the least. The walking, dancing or my general enjoyment of life weren't the only things that drained my energy but also the heat. It was quite hot today! All the Albergues on the Camino itself were full so I had to walk 5 more minutes to another Albergue. I was so tired that those 5 minutes were probably the longest of the day! ;) But sure enough I got a great bunk bed to sleep in, a place to take a shower and hand wash my clothes and another stamp in my Pilgrim passport. Hopefully after I write this blog I'll just have some dinner and relax in my bunk. But knowing me I might meet some people and get wrapped up in just how many amazing people this world truly has! :)

I hope your life is a celebration beautiful people, a celebration of all the wonderful things this life has to offer!!!

5 comments:

  1. I have a check-list and check out every city/town you pass through - so I have some idea where you are. Sigfus Sigurdsson, the handball player, told me on Friday that he played in Leon - and gave it great praise. He also said to say hello to you :) - so glad you have made it through your "shyness" and associate with friends and family on the road :):):) - Love and Light from MOM :) as always

    ReplyDelete
  2. dancing in the streets lalalalaaaa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4jnaznUoQ&ob=av2e
    oh yeah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! Keep enjoying life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEY for connecting in a short time!! ;D

    ReplyDelete