Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A breakthrough

Last night after I wrote my blog a man walked up to me and asked me if I was the one who fixed people. Somehow it had gotten around that I had helped a few people, taught them some yoga, massaged them and stuff like that and that I was now getting known as someone who fixes people. Being a yoga teacher I taught him some great stretches, gave him a short massage and sent him on his way, his smile and current relief being the remuneration I was seeking. I love helping people out and I've been seeking out opportunities to help in any way I can since I got here. I massaged more people and a woman joined in for the yoga lesson. I think it's kind of cool that I'm teaching again...this journey just keeps on giving and giving! :)

I've already had a small answer to one of the questions I was hoping the Camino would answer. My main question is "what should I do with my life?", occupation wise that is. Being a man of extremes I was afraid I could never again tap into the immense energy I have without losing the balance I now possess in my life. I was afraid that if I would let this powerful energy into my life again that I would skyrocket upwards, followed by the innevitable spiral downwards. But last night I felt how what I'm doing in my life now can help balance me out when I use my POWER. Yesterday I used my POWER to say the least, when I walked the Camino, and last night I got like an energy hangover so to speak. I just kept doing what I've been doing, added a little Ultreia to the mix and voila: I was back on track! This made me so happy, so amazingly happy and opened up so many new options for me when it comes to choosing what I should do with my life! Now that I'm not afraid to use my energy, I'm more open for going for bigger things, more challenging opportunities and more exciting work! It was truly a breakthrough!!!

I had a great walk this morning with Molly as we walked to the first town. There we joined up with Luis, Antonello and the rest of the gang. They went ahead of me as I stayed behind to pray and meditate. I felt a great "oneness" with that small Spanish town, the people there and the girl from Barcelona that sat on the bench next to me. It was an incredible experience.

I caught up with the gang soon enough and got to walk with Luis, a man from Portugal, and have a great spiritual talk with him. It is his last day as he's leaving for home tomorrow and I decided to walk with them today instead of marching forward on my power walking speed. We had a great time together and travelling with them was relaxing. We keep walking past fields and fields of grapes, this is truly the province of Rijoa...the province of wine.

I was glad that I walked slowly today because a pain has been building up on my left shin and it would be good to take it easy I thought. The pain had gotten pretty bad after the 22 km walk to Santo Domingo but of course I was in line for some more of the patented "Gulli luck"! :) The wonderful Albergue that awaited us had a great physiotherapist (not common) that was working there only for donations. He took a look at my feet, pierced my first blister (that I got today), fixed a toenail that was out of wack and last but not least told me that I had tendonitis on my shin. He put some cream on it and told me to drink even more water, get some anti-inflamitory cream, take some anti-inflamitory pills, elevate the leg and he even got me to bring my boots so that he could show me the problem. I had tightened my shoelaces too much and since the ankle on my shoes is high it resulted in this tendonitis. He also showed me how to tie my shoes lower so as not to inflame this any further and hurry my recovery along! :)

We're going to say goodbye to Luis now with a big dinner and most likely some wine. I've had Rioja wine before so I won't feel so bad not drinking with them. Luis wants me to asks you all to send healing streams of energy to us Camino Pilgrims. Antonello's knee is so bad that he might have to stop walking if something dosn't drastically change. So Luis is gonna have a small healing ceremony at around 21:00 (9 pm) here in Spain, feel free to add your energy to the mix! :)

Hopefully my journey will continue along these lines, with hardships that teach me more and more and breakthroughs that leave me truly ecstatic. I hope you are having breakthroughs in your life beautiful people, breakthroughs that will truly change your lives for the better!

4 comments:

  1. Hello my friend. I'm glad to hear that you have your luck as a traveling companion as well as all the great people that are walking the same road you are on. I will try to send what healing energy I have. All my best to you and your traveling companions, including your luck ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mér sýnist að þú sért að lýsa því að þú hafir beinhimnabólgu. Ég þjáðist af þessu í nokkur ár og það sem lagaði þetta helst var klaki. Setti hann á sköflungana eftir æfingar. Síðan er mikilvægt að skóhælarnir taki vel höggum og leiði þau ekki upp í fótinn. Gangi þér annars vel á þessu spennandi ævintýri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Þetta er svakalega flott hjá þér Gulli og víst þú ert farinn að kenna yoga aftur þá sagði ég einhvern tímann að ég myndi byrja að stunda yoga um leið og þú myndir kenna mér það. Þannig að ef þú heldur þessu áfram þá byrja ég í Yoga :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skila godri kvedju meistari Sigvaldi! :)

    Ja Trausti held ad thetta gaeti verid beinhimnubolda. Thau kalla thetta vist tendonitis of the shin her, ef eg skil enskuna theirra thad er ad segja ;) Takk fyrir radleggingarnar, endilega ef thu eda einhver annar er med fleiri radleggingar a medan eg er a thessu ferdalagi endilega skellid theim her a netid.

    Hlakka svo til ad kenna ther Yoga Konni minn, thad verdur alger snilld ad sja jafn styrdan fotboltajaxl eins og thig i Yogatimum! :)

    ReplyDelete